• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mash temp of 147 = Est FG 1.007, but mash temp of 146 = 1.013?

pens

Apprentice
Reaction score
When I set the mash temp of this recipe to 147, I get an estimated FG of 1.007.  When I lower the mash temp to 146, the estimated FG bumps up to 1.013.  I would expect the FG to go lower/drier at a lower mash temp.  Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Attachments

• Stone 04 Clone.bsmx
    22.7 KB · Views: 207
I've had a similar problem going from a mash temp of 158F to 160F.  160F has a lower FG than 158F which is contrary to what I understand about mashing temps.

Need to get the bossman to make a patch to sort it out. Having the exact same issue. It's a pain in the ass when im trying to do a light lager requiring a mash temp lover than 146.84F/63.8C . Being in AU im degC, if found that the issue is evident at below anything below 63.8C.

Hi,
  The adjustment is only applied in a limited range for which I had data for.  Outside of that I don't apply the adjustment because I had no experimental data to support it.  I'll make a note to fix this so it at least remains a constant adjustment outside the range.

Brad

All the way down to 62c if possible, a few aussie lagers call for a 62c mash temp. Thanks Brad, really appreciated!!  :)

Back