• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Another Fruit topic/Question

munisingbeer

Apprentice
Reaction score
so after reading I see I haven't figured this out at all.
I want to make a raspberry blonde.
I want the raspberries to show up in the taste. if I add then before secondary I expect the yeast to convert the sugar and take the their taste away.
If I add them at the end I expect to create bottle bombs from the added sugar.(I bottle condition)
I suppose I could search for a yeast that has a low tolerance for alcohol and brew it big, but then how do I make sure it's not so big it wont carbonate?
Help:(

I put my raspberries in secondary for a week and it works just fine. I usually use about a pound or so for a 5 gallon batch. I end up with plenty of aroma and flavour. I have done this a few times with a pils recipe that I use and most recently for a Neapolitan Imperial Stout that was raspberries, cocoa and vanilla. Worked like a charm.

you could also add the flavoring each time you pour a glass.  you can adjust it individually to taste this way.  plus you have the flexibility to drink it as whatever kind of blonde you want, honey, peach, etc...

Back