• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith on Windows 8?

bigchicken

Master Brewer
Reaction score
I didn't see this topic on a search, so I thought I'd start a new topic. I'm going to be purchasing a new PC in the next couple months and upgrading it to Windows 8. Is Beersmith compatible with it? I have a laptop with Windows 7 and Beersmith works fantastic on it. I may upgrade it to Windows 8 as well, but only if Beersmith will still work.

Hi,
  I've not tried it personally but a few who have the beta tell me it works fine in desktop mode.  Obviously BeerSmith is not a "metro" (or system formally known as metro) app, but will work find in the compatability desktop mode.

I am planning to upgrade one of my machines as soon as it is released.

Brad

I've been running the RTM bits of Win8 x64 (from MSDN) for about a couple weeks now and I can confirm that BeerSmith 2.1 works great.  I have not tested extensively, but there are no noticeable differences between Win8 and Win7.

Running on the 64bit version of Windows 8 and it is chugging along without problems. I have also tested 1.4 build 38 and it still works without any hiccups.

Back