• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

MAC OSX Issues

fsinda

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I have been using your software (ver. 2.1.02) on my macbook pro (Intel core 2 version - OSX 10.8). Everything has been working excellent, but I have been getting some crashes with a error message that says "stale lock file".

Last night I went in to update the FG reading that I took of a beer that I just kegged. when I went to open the recipe all of the fields were blank and some were scrambled, like the GUI was a pre cut form and it was overlaid over a word document and the boxes did not line up with the text underneath. As I clicked around things would populate the as I scrolled around everything got scrambled and then it would crash.

So I thought about reinstalling the software, but I was worried about losing my previous recipes. I figured out how to export the recipes and then proceeded to reinstall the program. After he re installation I opened my exported recipes but still has the same crazy scrambled screen.

The weird thing is I could open some recipes just fine, then close them, but then there were the ones that when opened where corrupted and was not able to close the program, It would just crash upon trying to close...

Now today I realize that if I just highlight the corrupted recipe I couple print the brew sheet.

I took 1 corrupted recipe and printed it and the started a new recipe and reentered the data. As I was entering the grain I would hit save after each entry, ant the same for the hops etc.... again the program crashes, but now upon reload I go try to open the new recipe I just entered, but to my suprise after all of the saves the recipe opened but all of the entries I made did not save even though I kept hitting the save button....

Not sure what to do now.

Anyone have any suggestions,

Thanks

Randy

Back