• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mash/Lauter Tun Deadspace

The Goatreich

Apprentice
Reaction score
BS2 version: 2.1.02

I was getting confused when setting up my equipment profile when the system asked me for my lauter tun deadspace, but not my mash tun deadspace, meaning if I only entered one I'd lose the other in my final volume collected.  So when looking around for the mash tun deadspace option I found that if I view the equipment profile as a report then it shows Mash Tun Deadspace, but in the actual properties of the profile the same variable is described as lauter tun deadspace.

I can combat this I imagine by just totalling the two, but I'm not sure whether this will affect the sparge volumes and all the other clever things that Beersmith calculates.

Attached are two screenshots to show what I mean.

Apologies if this isn't a bug and is actually just user error.  I appreciate any help anyone can give.

Attachments

• mashtundeadspace.jpg
    mashtundeadspace.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 448
  • lautertundeadspace.jpg
    lautertundeadspace.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 678
D'oh! I've just realised I was having a brain fart here.  Mash tun and lauter tun are the same thing, or at least interchangeable?  Oops.

Back