• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

White House Beer Recipe Petition

beaver_40

Apprentice
Reaction score
First post here, but thought some may be interested.  The White House has several beer recipes and there is currently a petition for them to release this information.  You can find more at the link below, but the petition does need signers.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/release-recipe-honey-ale-home-brewed-white-house/XkpkYwc0#thank-you=p

Looking at what government does with their authority now I can imagine that the recipe will be way over priced, watered down and full of crack to make you dependent on something you really don't like ;)

They have posted the recipes for the White House Honey Ale and Honey Porter on the white house blog. So no more need for the petition. When you do look at the recipes i think that there are some typos and or the white house staff don't make the best home  brewers.

They look pretty good to me, considering these guys are chiefs and not professional brewers. Regardless of your politics i think this is good thing, bringing more attention to home brewing. Will i brew them, maybe.

I think it is pretty cool they that are making beer.  Using ultra-local honey is sweet too  ;D  It seems they are making it to a style they want to drink so, I raise my glass to them!

I see there are already kits out.  Git to brewin folks  :D  :D

Cheers!

The honey ale recipe looks good to me.  In fact, I added it my recipe list and plan to brew it early next Spring.  It might be the only worthwhile thing to come out of that building in years.

Only got 6 bottle left of a test batch - one of my finer brews i might add.  I converted the recipe to all-grain and was supposed to end up with 2.5 gallons to bottle but ended with just over two.  I used 2lb. caramunich, 2lb. of 2-row and 1 lb of victory-- 1.5 oz fuggles (60 min) and 1 oz of goldings at the end, and of course 8 oz of honey.  Hit the target OG of 1.052 and finished at 1.010.  When i scale up to the full 5 gallons I am thinking of cutting the victory some to give it a more subtle presence.

Back