• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mac OSX: Cloud Password won't accept pasted text; and Cloud Password Length.

vortexau

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I guess it's actually a 'feature' but for me it was a little annoying and backwards.

I use LastPass to manage all my passwords, and once I'd created my beersmith cloud account using Chrome and added the details to LastPass, i then went to login to the cloud via Beersmith.

Manually entered my username, and then went back to LastPass to copy my password, but the paste into the password box would fail every time. Verified I had copied the password correctly by pasting into the Username field (didn't submit, of course) - so then I had to type the password in manually.

In addition to this, the 20 char password length limit when I created my account raised my eyebrows. Please Brad, please confirm you are hashing the passwords! If they're hashed, it doesn't matter how long the password entered is - they always hash to the same length - but I'm sure you know that.

Back