• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Batch schedules and timers

SaltyDog

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I have been using some "other" iPad brewing software and find that the Beer Smith software is far more comprehensive in every detail and I am looking to switch to this software.  One area that I find exceedingly helpful in the iPad app is the timer function when I choose to do a recipe or batch.  It offers timers of for grain, hop, & additions and even sets reminders based on fermentation schedules and transfer to secondary (with audible reminders and pop ups).  The unfortunate limitation is that it can only manage one batch at a time so only one set of timers are available and active at any time.  If you brew two batches in a day or over a weekend you can only track one of the batches at a time.  I am looking for this feature set in BeerSmith and have not seen it.  Perhaps as a computer based application it is not practical or necessary to have such detailed timers during the brewing process but I have found them to be handy and most useful.  As a newby to brewing I have found this extremely useful in organizing my schedules and provides some added confidence in ensuring that I do not miss a step or important addition.  I see that there are some timers that exist in BeerSmith and would be anxious to see this expanded (unless I haven't found it yet) and would hope that this would be available in iPad versions that are being considered for development.

Great software and I am eager to use this and explore more of the features.  If I missed something please let me know.

Thanks,
  I'm assuming you already seen the "brewday timer" feature in BeerSmith 2.1.  Update your copy of BeerSmith if you have not - it is in the "timer" tab for any open recipe.

That timer does cover only boil and mash steps for the brewday (not fermentation or other long term elements - these would appear on the calendar instead).

I am working on iPhone, Android and iPad apps.  In fact I'm trying to clean up the first phone version (a lite version of BeerSmith) for beta testing now on iPhone and Android.  It will have cloud access so you can get to your recipes and also have a brewday timer with notifications for steps.

Brad

Back