• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Where do I change the data directory? (BS2)

fuzzybee

Apprentice
Reaction score
I used to use a network mounted directory for my Beersmith data, but I lost that hard drive in a crash.  Now, I'm trying to store my data locally (I can share data through the cloud now).

I have updated the document directory to a local drive, but every time I open the program I get:

"Directory 'Z:\beersmith2' couldn't be created (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.)" (Z:\beersmith2 was my network mount)

In addition, it crashes when I try to save a recipe.  Where can I change the "Z:\beersmith2" to a sane value?

You can go to File->Change Documents Directory to change it.

Brad

Thanks for the response, Brad.  I've already updated the directory via the File->Change Documents Directory method, pointing to a local directory under "My Documents".  I still get the error on startup.  It looks like I *can* save, though.

Looks like I may have to uninstall/reinstall to see if that fixes it.  Hope I don't lose my other settings :(

Odd - drop me an email and I will try to help you sort it all out.  Write to beersmith [at] beersmith.com

Brad

Back