• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

local water profile?

S

shifter

Is this water survy complete to make a profile in beersmith? http://www.illinoisamerican.com/awpr1/ilaw/pdf/IL-Steator-CCR.pdf
I can't seem to find calicium magnesium or bicarbonate.
but I know very little when it comes to this so I have no clue what i'm looking for if its called somthing else.
Other than that what would be another way to find what I need for free on the net?

Thanks
Ralph

All I saw that is useful for your purposes was sodium and sulfates. Try calling your local water utility for Ca, Mg, and CO3 values. Also ask what the testing dates were. I personally don't trust years-old data when my crappy tapwater tastes (and feels!) different every day. You may get lucky, or you may get the runaround.

If you're serious about your brewing water, your other alternatives are 1) get your tapwater tested, or 2) buy RO or DI water and add salts/minerals.

I'm by no means a water expert, but I ran into the same
problems. Now I use DI water. Good luck!

Back