• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Kegging a Porter

Troy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hey folks looking for some tips.

This past weekend I bought a set up to keg my Vanilla Porter and carbinate/dispense with a C02/Nitrogen mix. I would like to serve this beer this coming Saturday. Some of the forums I have read state that they carbinate for a coupled days at a certain pressure and then serve at another.
Does anyone have any experience with this and could you tell me what pressures I should be setting my reg at? This is my first attempt and I would like to get it correct.

Thanks.

Bourbon Vanilla Porter on Nitrogen
So it turns out 2 days on CO2 @ 30 psi and 1 day on 40% nitrogen, 60% CO2 mix gives you a great creamy foamy head and an awesome pour from a defussor tap, You could see be small bubbles comming up to a two layered dark tan foam which gradually lightened lighter tan foam on top. It was pretty sweet to see.
The second day on the nitrogen mix has added a more creamer taste to the beer which really accents the smoky vanilla flavoring.

Back