Author Topic: Nexus 7 Droid apps for brewing?  (Read 3532 times)

Offline MaltLicker

• Global Moderator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
    • Blue Ribbon Brews
Nexus 7 Droid apps for brewing?
« on: September 06, 2012, 11:26:28 AM »
I bought a Nexus7 tablet.  What are the best brewing apps to download and use?  Any other "can't live without" recommendations for an app? 

I'm a complete noob on both tablets and Android, so type s l o w l y. 

Offline abarnard

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • the odd ball that would rather brew than drink.
Re: Nexus 7 Droid apps for brewing?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 02:39:44 PM »
no brewing software but the first app i always download is to lock/turn off my screen.  doubles my power button's lifespan in exchange for an icon on my homescreen. 
On tap: raspberry shandy, southern rye
Up next: blonde ale

Offline bucknut

• BeerSmith Master Brewer
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 05:13:35 PM »
I got my nexus 7 about a month ago, no brewing apps yet, but i've been using Beer+, it's a beer review app, you can keep track of your reviews and beers you want to try.  Also like SwiftKey3 tablet, it helps with the typing.

Offline grathan

• BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 09:06:22 AM »
I couldn't picture brewing with a tablet. Something wet would eventually spill onto it...

I haven't been too keen on brewing apps. I used to use one that calculated strike water, but I do that now on the desktop before I start brewing. Brix conversion might be nice, but I just laminated a chart for the garage wall.

I do use an app called Two Touch Timer for tracking hop additions, it doubles as an alarm clock for me also.

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 09:38:14 PM »
I have a "lite" version of BeerSmith in beta testing now for Android and iPhone/iPad.  It does not have full recipe editing (that will be in the "full" version a few months from now) but will allow downloading recipes from the cloud and also a brewday timer and various calculators/reference material.

I'm hoping to release it within the next month if testing continues to go well (and I can get through the app store submission!).

Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

modification