• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Nexus 7 Droid apps for brewing?

MaltLicker

Forum Moderator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I bought a Nexus7 tablet.  What are the best brewing apps to download and use?  Any other "can't live without" recommendations for an app? 

I'm a complete noob on both tablets and Android, so type s l o w l y. 

no brewing software but the first app i always download is to lock/turn off my screen.  doubles my power button's lifespan in exchange for an icon on my homescreen. 

I got my nexus 7 about a month ago, no brewing apps yet, but i've been using Beer+, it's a beer review app, you can keep track of your reviews and beers you want to try.  Also like SwiftKey3 tablet, it helps with the typing.

I couldn't picture brewing with a tablet. Something wet would eventually spill onto it...

I haven't been too keen on brewing apps. I used to use one that calculated strike water, but I do that now on the desktop before I start brewing. Brix conversion might be nice, but I just laminated a chart for the garage wall.

I do use an app called Two Touch Timer for tracking hop additions, it doubles as an alarm clock for me also.

I have a "lite" version of BeerSmith in beta testing now for Android and iPhone/iPad.  It does not have full recipe editing (that will be in the "full" version a few months from now) but will allow downloading recipes from the cloud and also a brewday timer and various calculators/reference material.

I'm hoping to release it within the next month if testing continues to go well (and I can get through the app store submission!).

Brad

Back