• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Equipment profile

Clint

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I would like to make the Robust Porter recipe that is in BS.  Is it possible to print out the recipe and have it take into account my equipment profile?  Also, if a recipe is a larger volume than I can produce, is there an easy way to scale it down to a 5 gallon size?
Thanks,
clint

You'd want to apply your equipment profile to the recipe, and you can scale the recipe pretty easily Using the Scale Recipe button in the middle of the top tool bar. 

If your equipment varies much from the profile given, you'd want to note the key recipe points (SRM, OG, IBU, etc.) and then adjust the ingredients to get back to those specs after your equipment profile is applied. 

It's not very different than taking a recipe from a magazine, except that this way you have the original equipment and usually with magazines you are missing some details.

Back