• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith Mobile Lite - Preview (Android and iPhone/iPad)

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Here's the preview of the long awaited "lite" BeerSmith app:
  http://beersmith.com/blog/2012/09/25/beersmith-lite-preview-home-brewing-app-for-iphone-ipad-and-android/

Cheers,
Brad

I just tested out your Beersmith Lite App. Is the only way to add recipes to the app is through the cloud server? 10 recipes is not very many and $3.99 seems pricy to only access 10 recipes.

I just bought it and just want to say THANKS!  You have done a lot with the software and made my brew life much more manageable.  Just having my cloud recipes when I go shopping is awesome, not to mention the brew timer and tools for brewday.  I've been getting by with about 3 apps  for various tasks.  You've combined them all so I can get rid of them now.

Looking  forward to seeing this progress.  Keep up the good work, toally worth the $3.99 in my opinion and I don't ever buy apps.

Cheers Brad!

Justin C

valorian_13 said:
I just tested out your Beersmith Lite App. Is the only way to add recipes to the app is through the cloud server? 10 recipes is not very many and $3.99 seems pricy to only access 10 recipes.
That is for those stored in the "cloud" at BeerSmithRecipes.com.  You can purchase more space by buying a subscription at BeerSmithRecipes.com.  Alternately (as many people do) just copy your recipes to your local phone or BeerSmith storage and use the free cloud space for transferring rather than storing all of your recipes.

From the cloud view if you do a "copy" it will save it locally.  From the BeerSmithRecipe search views you can choose to save a copy local or to your cloud folder depending on what you want.

Brad

The Android version is available on the Google Play store now:
  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=beersmithllc.beersmith.beersmith2

I'll be announcing it to the email list and also the blog tomorrow.

The iPhone/iPad apps are still pending approval via the app store which could take a few more weeks.  Unfortunately there is no fixed timeline for approval.  The same is true for the Amazon Kindle Fire store.

Cheers,
Brad

valorian_13 said:

I agree. I plan on storing my recipes in text file, or .xls format on Dropbox until something better comes along.

grathan said:
valorian_13 said:

I agree. I plan on storing my recipes in text file, or .xls format on Dropbox until something better comes along.

You can store as many as you want in local storage both on your phone and your desktop program, and use the cloud for transfer.

Brad

Brad, you continue to amaze me with Beersmith and now this lite version for the iOS. It is frigging awesome. I simply push a few recipes to the cloud and I can share them with my pals at work that brew and use it on Brew day to see whats next while I'm brewing. The timer is awesome as well. It is well worth the money just for the lite version I am waiting in line for the full version. You have allowed me to take my brewing from good to excellent. I understand so much more about brewing now because of Beersmith. Thanks for all your hard work and keeping this (the best software ) affordable!

Thanks - I really appreciate the kind comments.  I'm head down now cranking out code for the "full" version.  A lot of people don't know this but I actually do all of the code myself for the program, mobile app, recipe site, as well as the content for the blog, business and podcast.  Its definitely a full time job now!

Cheers,
Brad

Glad to hear you're working on a full version.  That's more interesting to me as I want to be able to tweak recipes and stuff when I'm out and about.  Any ETA?  6 months?

Didn't know you do all of the coding yourself.  That's a huge amount of work.  Thanks for all the hard work!

Back