• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Monitor died on old laptop, re-installing?!

OPJohn

Apprentice
Reaction score
So, a few days ago, the monitor on my old Toshiba laptop dies for no reason. I'm in the process of restoring everything to the new Asus laptop and I'm wondering what's the best way to restore beersmith 2.1? I have the Toshiba's SATA hard drive in a USB 3.0 external case, but when I attempt to run beersmith directly from the drive, it acts like it's never been installed before and it's requesting the registration code, etc.

Now, what I think I need to do is to just download another copy of 2.1 from the beersmith site, install it, and just re-insert my registration code. I have a few beers added to my beercloud but not all of my recipes are on there. I would like to copy my recipes data from the old drive to the new computer. Can anyone point me to where those files are stored?

NVM I figured out where the recipe files were stored under My Documents on the old drive.

Back