• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Obtaining information to add to the ingredients list

salty.cowdawg

Apprentice
Reaction score
So here's the deal:  I get my newest issue of Brew Your Own magazine and the Briess tearout has a recipe for "Rampant Lion" Flanders Ale.  Not sure if it is supposed to be a Red or Brown but whatever.. that's not what I'm asking about.

The recipe card calls out for WLP665 Flanders Ale Blend yeast.  Lo and behold it is not listed in the standard ingredients library. 

So now the question is, how do I find the technical information for this yeast?

WLP665 Flemish Ale Blend (SEPTEMBER-OCTOBER release)
Blended culture used to produce the classic beer styles of the West Flanders region of Belgium . A proprietary blend of Saccharomyces yeasts, Brettanomyces, Lactobacillus, and Pediococcus, this culture creates a more complex, dark stone fruit characteristic than WLP 655 Belgian Sour Mix.
Optimal Temp: 68-80F
Flocculation: Low-Medium
Attenuation: 80-85%+
Alcohol Tolerance: Medium-High”

Be advised that this is a special release and may not be available year 'round or in your area.

Prost
Ed

You can find great yeast, grain, and hop information from Austin Homebrew Supply. Their website seems to have very good descriptions. Northern Brewer also provides good information for new ingredients.

Back