• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Batch Sparging bug

Caikemp07

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi.
I've found a bug with my BS 2.1.02 with the 3 check boxes of the Batch Sparge options. When I check the "Batch Sparge using batches that fill 100%" box, the Sparge box changes its status to "Batch Sparge with 2 steps..." but nothing else happens. If I check the other 2 boxes too nothing else happens again.
The volume that I get from the wort is not equal the volume that I get from the sparge even if I check the other 2 boxes.
What should it be please?
I change myself the water/grist ratio to achieve this equivalency in the volumes because it's not happening automaticly.
Thank you.
Caike

Caikemp07 - Did you ever resolve your problem? I just started using BS (same version) and immediately noticed the same problem. The volumes do not add up in the mash profile. The volume is off by the sparge volume. So basically, I just take the volume listed as total mash volume and make it the mash-in volume. Then sparge with the volume listed by the program, and you should get the proper volume pre-boil. I'm pretty disappointed you posted your question a year ago and no reply was offered or fix for the software (unless I'm missing something).

Back