• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

First Wort Hops Not in Brew Steps

seanq

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Version: 2.1.02
Type: Extract

Was brewing a batch last night using the printed Brew Steps.  Thankfully, I realized the FWH was completely missing from the steps.

This is the first time I've used FWH before, so I never noticed it.  Can this please be fixed?  I may not remember every time.

You can edit the report template and add the tag $first_wort_hops where you would like them to be.

Hi,
  The brew steps actually does show first wort hops (at least on my copy).  Also, though it was missing in the Brewing Process TXT template for earlier versions I believe version 2.1 has the first wort hop tag in the text brew steps.

Brad

Is FWH even possible when extract brewing?

Or did I misunderstand something here?

/kalle.

Lol. Doh! I totally skipped over the type: extract.

Yeah, there's nobsuchbthing as first wort in an extract batch.

On the other hand, it bugs me when software doesn't do what I say. If I add hops to an extract recipe and call them first wort hops, just print them. Let ME worry about what makes sense.

Back