• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith Lite - Local Recipes

byproxy

Apprentice
Reaction score
So I've exported some of my beersmith recipes and would like to import them to the beersmith lite app but see no option to do so - even though there's an option for "cloud" recipes and "local" recipes.

How do I get these recipe files into the beersmith lite program?

Currently you do need a free cloud account to do this.  Go to BeerSmithRecipes.com and create an account, then verify your email address.

Once this is done you can open your BeerSmith desktop (Make sure you have version 2.1 or higher) and log into your cloud folder (View->Cloud).

The final step is to simply copy/paste the recipes from your My Recipes folder to your Cloud folder.  Once you do this they will be stored on the BeerSmithRecipes server and if you log into your cloud folder on your phone you can view, copy, save or run the brewday timer on them there.

Once you have your account set up it becomes very easy to move things back and forth by just copying them to your cloud folder and deleting if no longer needed there.

Brad

I'm confused.  My version of beersmith is 2.0.37.  When I ask it to 'check for updates' it says i have the latest version.  There is nothing about cloud in my view menu.

Your version is out of date.  If you go to BeerSmith.com and click on the download link you can get the latest version.

Brad

Thanks for the prompt response.

So Brad, why did the upgrade button fail?

Back