• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Is this normal durning priming

R

Rushman

After bottling I have a small layer of yeast at the bottom of my bottles. I left it in the ferminter for two weeks in an incubater set at 70 F. I put the sugar in a 6 gal. bucket and used tubes to transfer the beer. I bottled in 40 Oz bottles

Thanks

That is normal.  Without the yeast you will not have carb. when bottle conditioning.  

All bottle conditioned (real beer) has this.

Shakey,  The idea is to convince Rushman that all his beer is bad,  then we can show up to, ummm, eh,. . .

properly dispose of the horrible beer with sediment in the bottom of the bottle.

Now he may have just found out that this is a good thing and we will have lost another beer source.
;) ;) ;) ;)

Fred

Hi Guys...I'm not really sure as to your replies. Is it normal for the yeast to be there? If not how can I avoid it next time?

Sorry for the confusion

Your right Bonjour ;)

Rush you need to send your brew to me so I can test it.  I am the only person that is certified to check your beer to see if it is infected or not. 8)

It will take about 2 cases to be sure.  Bonjour will come over to double check the results.

Really Rush it is fine.  That is what is supposed to happen, we are just having a little fun ;D

Don

Rush if that sediment was not there you may have a problem.  You are fine, and with no problem.

RDWHAHB (Relax, Don't Worry, Have A Home Brew)

that is unless you want to donate a couple of cases to Don and myself.  I assure you that we know how to drink,   I mean deal with it.

Fred

You do NOT have a problem.
There is always some yeast left in suspension which you are "feeding" again when you added the sugar at bottling. The yeast makes more CO2 for you then dies off & drops too the bottom of your bottle.
BTW, it is very safe to drink & I understand that it is healthy for you also.

Zymur

Go buy a few bottles of some NATURALLY carbonated beers, sterilize the bottle opening, slowly pour the beer, and use the yeast for a starter for the same type beer.  Try cloning what you like this way.  Works for me. ::)

Back