• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith missing grains and hops...?

Krid

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hey all.

Just used Beersmith the other day with no problem.  Today after I updated it I've got no grain and no hops and the format of those menus have changed (in addition to being blank).

I'm using the 32-bit Mac version and never had an issue until today.

Anyone else encounter this problem?  It is hard to make recipes without grain and hops...  :p

Hi, 
  It looks like those files may have somehow been corrupted.  We've had some issues with upgrading the Mac OSX while BeerSmith is running in the background.

Attached are the two files - drop these into your Documents/BeerSmith2 directory and replace the existing ones and it should restore your data.

Brad

Attachments

• Hops.bsmx
    82.6 KB · Views: 245
  • Grain.bsmx
    110.4 KB · Views: 270
Dropped in the new files, but the menus are still blank...  :-[

So I ended up renaming the Beersmith Document file, reinstalling Beersmith and re-entering the activation code.  Grain and Hops menus worked again and I copied and pasted my recipes from the old beersmith files.

More than one way to skin a cat and all that...  :)

Back