• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

cant access cloud on 2nd installation

Lars

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi, running beersmith2, latest build on my main PC. I recently replaced my 2nd machine which is a laptop, downloaded beersmith and uninstalled it from the old laptop. When I try to activate on the new laptop I get the message 'Activation succeeded, but the server could not be reached to activate your email -Please try again later using the activate command on the help menu' It seems to run OK on the new laptop but I cant log into the cloud and acces my uploaded recipes?
Any help much appreciated??

Thanks

L

Check your internet connection and firewall settings.  The fact that it could not reach the server either to validate your license or log into the cloud indicates you probably have a firewall issue - are you running a firewall on your laptop?

Brad

Thanks Brad, I'll check that out. Its  work laptop and most likely its extermely secure. Is there anything specific I need to enable re the firewall as I cant completely disable it?

You need to give the app (BeerSmith) full  access to the internet port 80 (which is the default port for browsers).

Back