• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

add a recipe to my recipe folder

Scribble

Apprentice
Reaction score
I had a recipe get bugged and I had copied it to my cloud folder before it was bugged.  The gravity numbers were all out of whack and I couldn't get them back.  I deleted the recipe and tried to copy the unbugged version from the cloud.  Oddly enough I did not seem able to copy it from my cloud folder to my recipe folder replacing it so I exported it to my desktop.  How in the world do I easily get it from my desktop or my cloud to my recipe folder.  Dragging and dropping doesn't work.  There's no import option that I can get to find the file.

Also I finally found the beersmith folder in my documents.  I can open an old backup in "recipe 5" that has my recipe in the unbugged version, but if I save it then reopen beersmith it's not there.  It seems so much more complicated than just having a folder with files in it.

Thanks.  Love the program, but it sure did get bugged out all of a sudden.  It may have had something to do with my son pushing some buttons for full disclosure.  I'm just surprised at how hard it has been for me to try and load a backup.

Andy M

Hi,
  If you are opening a backup such as Recipe5.bsmx or any external file, all you need to do it copy/paste that recipe into your "My Recipes" folder or a subfolder of that to store it permanently.  By default recipes in a separate file are stored in that file - which is why they went away when you closed the file.

The cloud folder works the same - you should be able to simply copy the recipe from your cloud folder and paste it into MY Recipes somewhere.

Brad

Back