• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith Lite crashing on Kindle version 1

matt_valenzuela

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Purchased the app from the Amazon store.  Seemed to install fine, but crashes when trying to open.

The error message is:  "The application BeerSmith Lite (process beersmithllc.beersmith.beersmith2) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."  Has the force close option.

- Tried uninstalling and re-installing app.
- Minimal other apps running, with a fair amount of memory/disk space
- Noticed that the permissions mention vibration, which is not present on the Kindle Fire.  Not sure if that's an issue, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Thoughts on what I could do to address the issue?  Please let me know if there are any logs I need to provide or steps I need to take.

Thanks!

Matt V.

Couldn't tell you what I did other than uninstall and re-install several more times, but it's working just fine now!  ;D

Strange - I have a Kindle Fire 1 here and tested extensively on it (every build I made) but did not get that error.  If it happens again, please let me know.

Brad

Back