• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Equipment Setup Help!

haskii3

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello and thanks in advance to whomever can help.

I am new to Beersmith2 and am having some difficulty setting up my equipment within the program.
I do some partial mash (steep some specialty grain) and mainly stick to extract for each batch. My batch size is 5 gallon (after primary and secondary ferm.) but I use a 10 gallon kettle and do full boils. There was no option for this type of setup in the equipment select section. Can someone please please help! I am so excited to use the program but unfortunately have a bit of OCD and find it hard to progress with it unless all my specs are set up appropriately.
Again, thank you so much in advance and I am excited for some assistance!

Cheers.
-Hask

Just select a profile close to your equipment, rename it and change the data to match your equipment. Beer smith comes with a tutorial to help with this setup.

Welcome, hask-

Steeping grains is not partial mash, it's just a variation on extract brewing.

For extract brewing just set you trub loss to zero, and set your boil off rate. That's about it.

Back