• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Clear Beer Hepl Please

R

Rushman

I have been told of an ingredient that can be added during priming that will keep the beer clear while conditioning in the fridge. If this is true would someone please point me in the right direction so I can get some

Thanks
Johnny

I have never heard of anything to add at priming.  Just time......

Perhaps Polyclar?  I've used this stuff with quite a bit of success when I need a clear beer quickly.

Another alternative is gelatin (from the grocery) but I don't think it works quite as well as the polyclar for me.

Cheers!
Brad

Do you know where I could buy some polyclar? Does Beersmith have it?

Thanks
Johnny

I did not know you could use at bottling time.

You learn something new every day ;D

I actually added the polyclar a day or two before bottling, though I'm sure some of it will stay in the solution after bottling.  It eventually settles out and takes protein and yeast with it.

You can get it from most major brewing supply stores.  My local store used to carry it as well.  

Brad

Polyclar is the only thing I have used in the secondary, but I rarely use any clarifying agents unless I KNOW I will be having picky drinkers.  

Generally, my philosophy is "...if you don't like it, don't drink it"! ;D

Back