• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Why can't I add brew date to the columns displayed on Cloud?

bluenose

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I can't add the brew date to the columns shown in the Cloud view, this seems like a strange omission.

I often sort my recipies based on when I brewed them and given that I'm trying to use the Cloud for my primary recipe store its a bit annoying...

Am I missing something?

Cheers,
Pete

Hi,
  The issue is that the cloud view is displayed slightly differently using headers downloaded from the internet.  However it should allow more customization (I agree) so I've added this to my list of items to fix in the next update.

Brad

HI,

With the release of the full app on android i only go to the cloud for everything.
It would be great to have all the column options on the cloud view and be able to have the cloud view as you default start up tab

Cheers !

BeerSmith said:
Hi,
  The issue is that the cloud view is displayed slightly differently using headers downloaded from the internet.  However it should allow more customization (I agree) so I've added this to my list of items to fix in the next update.

Brad

Hi Brad,

I was very hopefull that 2.2 would address this issue but I can't see it ... am I missing something?

Cheers,
Pete

+1 for all the columns available locally available for cloud recipes

WELL, here it is 10-12-2018 and I still can not get a DATE column field in my Cloud recipes!
My version is 3.0.8
All these same question posts stopped in 2015, so am I missing something? 

Unfortunately, I opted for the more expensive Platinum option believing I would operate everything from the cloud.  Not being able to sort by date in this view makes it almost unusable to operate that way.  Obviously this issue has been around for years, so I guess my fault for not researching this flaw prior to giving BeerSmith more of my money!

I agree that all columns should be available on cloud, date in particular

At the risk of beating the dead horse, I also would like to have a date column in the cloud as well. I may be putting this suggestion in the wrong location, but, when doing a save as, I can only save the name. It would also be of benefit, when doing either save or save as, to write over any file(s) with the same name. I have noticed when I save, either the cloud or to my recipes, I keep adding to the folder instead of overwriting any previous file in the folder with the same name.
I like using the software and having the cloud makes it convenient when discussing recipes with others. All I see is a few kinks that I am sure Brad will, at some point, have corrected. :)

+1

With the cloud folder growing bigger and bigger this is an issue that really needs attention.

Don't hold your breath, the mobile app is missing the hop age tool and it was supposed to have been added nearly 2 years ago... yet we have a new tool to tell you down to the oz how much beer is left in a keg...

Unless I'm missing something... is it really all that useful?

I use the hop age tool every time I brew, much like others who have a hop inventory

Just sayin

This is just a workaround, but what I do is to prefix each beer name with the date, using the format yyyy-mm-dd. E.g. "2020-12-22 My Pale Ale". You can then click the column header to sort on the name column to see your brews in date order.

Back