• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

labels

jlemaux

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'm having trouble getting the label making add on to work. I've extracted the files to both the Beer Smith's template directory as well as my system's temp directory.  I also added the .htm file as a recipe template according to the steps outlined.  Also, I can't find a "reports list".

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
John

John,
 If you added it to the Reports tab under the Options dialog (tools menu) then you should be ready to go.

The final step is to go to the main toolbar (the one with the open and print icons on it just below the main menus) and click on the drop down menu on the right side of that bar.  This shows the various report templates that are active.

If you do this while you are in "My Recipes" view, it should list your new report template. Select the new template and it will be displayed in the Preview window pane just like any regular template.  You can also print from here.

Feel free to post again if you still can't put all of the pieces together!

Cheers!
Brad

Brad,
Thanks for the reply. I can see that the report is active and the path to the template is correct.  (C:\Program Files\BeerSmith\templates) I've double checked that the extracted files are in the correct system temp directory as well. (C:\Documents and Settings\my.login\Local Settings\Temp)

These are the three files:
DRsOrdersBeerSmithBottleLabel.htm
DRsOrdersLabel.gif
GOODDP__.TTF

The template I select is the .htm file and I have even tried naming the template itself DRsOrdersBeerSmithBottleLabel.htm.

I searched for some of the templates that come with BeerSmith, and they do not appear in the system temp directory (I'm using XP Pro). They only appear in the Beer Smith template directory and another location simply called \templates. The search feature does not give a more complete path.  Do you have any idea where \templates is on XP Pro?

Any other suggestions?

Here's what I just did:

1) Downloaded the templates
  2) Copied them to the C:\Program Files\BeerSmith\templates directory
  3) Copied them also to the system temp directory
  4) Went to the Options dialog, Reports tab and added this template (the HTM file) as a "recipe" template with a name I made up "DR labels"
  5)  Went to "My Recipes view", selected a recipe (did not open it)
  6) On the main toolbar dropdown, selected the "DR labels" report format, and the correct label was displayed in the preview pane below the recipe list.

Can you be a little more specific on what kind of problem you are seeing?  Is the name showing up on the toolbar drop down list?  Are you getting anything to display when you select it?

Thanks,
Brad

Brad,

It works! I was opening the recipe which is why the template was not appearing.

Thanks for your help.

John

Back