• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Calculation Differences between Mac and Lite Versions?

mj71

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I'm doing my first brew with BeerSmith 2 Lite.  I finalized temps and printed the Brewing Steps.  I also copied the recipe to the cloud and downloaded to my iPad.  There are some big differences between the Steps and the Lite display.  They are:
Mash-in temp: 165.9 - Sheet  165.3 - Lite
2nd Batch sparge: 3.78gal. - Sheet  5.31 Lite

I'm going to stick with the sheet as it's been great for 20+ brews.  Any thoughts on why such a difference in sparge vol.?

Could you email a recipe to beersmith at my beersmith.com address, or post one to the cloud.  I want to take a closer look at it here with the debugger to figure out why it is different.

Brad

Thanks,
  It looks like the mash in temps match but the batch sparge volume is not a match.  I appreciate you sending the file and will make sure we get a fix in for the next update once I figure out where the batch sparge difference is.

Brad

I had the same issue this weekend. On my computer I the mash was different, then what was on my i-phone.  The i-phone added a gal. for the batch sparge. Everything else worked perfectly.

I really like the app. it was great while brewing.

I just had this problem too. Did a brew using the android version and ended up waay short on volume. Comparing original recipe (on PC) to that on the phone the sparge steps are low by about 6L on a 35L batch!  :eek:

Did you figure out what was going on with this Brad?

Cheers

Zane

This was corrected in the most recent release, which is out for all but iPhone/iPad - on that platform it is in review and should be out in a few days.

Brad

Back