• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Cut and paste from Plain Text Report

hennesse

Apprentice
Reaction score
Brad,

Here's a suggestion for the next version.

I'd like to be able to cut and paste from the screen-display Full Text Report.  Ctrl-C and Edit, Copy do not work.  I have my own brewsheet Word document, and I would like to copy the list of ingredients to it. 

I'm old-fashioned, and I print my brewsheet, put it on my clipboard, and use the papyrus from brewday until kegging day, when I input the data back into BrewSmith.  The paper brewsheet goes into a 3-ring binder for safekeeping.  My, how quaint!

Thanks,
Dave

Attachments

• 012-Belma Blast.doc
    71 KB · Views: 238
Dave:

I have found that there are two types of computer users, the keyboard short cut people like you and me and the right mouse button context menu people like Brad.

Beersmith is full of areas where I try to Ctrl-C / Ctrl-V stuff with no luck.  The right mouse button context menu is almost always available.

Brad, please add keyboard short cuts to every place you have a context menu.  It would greatly speed up life for those of us who do it.

I agree.  I use keyboard 90% of the time.  Drived me nuts when I try to cope from BS to a doc.  Bah!

Now if we can only get Brad to drink the grape cool-aide...

jomebrew said:
I agree.  I use keyboard 90% of the time.  Drived me nuts when I try to cope from BS to a doc.  Bah!

+1000

My sentiments exactly...including the "Bah!"  Good ol' dogbert, evil HR director.

Beer_Tigger said:
Dave:

I have found that there are two types of computer users, the keyboard short cut people like you and me and the right mouse button context menu people like Brad.

Beersmith is full of areas where I try to Ctrl-C / Ctrl-V stuff with no luck.  The right mouse button context menu is almost always available.

Tigger - right you are - the right-click does it.  I had tried both the Ctrl-C/V, and the menubar Edit, Copy (neither worked), but the right-click just did not occur to me.  Immediate problem solved, but I agree adding the keyboard and menubar would prevent frustration for others.

Thanks,
Dave

Back