• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Converting Promash to Beersmith 2

Fosgate

Apprentice
Reaction score
I just received Beersmith 2.1.02 and installed it on my PC Laptop. I have a friend that uses Promash on a mac so I began looking for file converters but could only find ones for Windows OS not any for Mac. I stumbled across a post a while back when 1.4 was out that Beersmith was looking at converting the files within the program. Is this true that my version already has the capability to convert Promash files? If not anyone got ideas how to convert them?

You have to convert them from promash to BeerXML first, then import the BeerXML.  Look for "promash to beerxml" converters.  I think there are two - one is a visual basic script and the other is another small script.

Neither one is perfect, but they provide a basic framework to start.

Brad

I should be able to just take the standard Promash file from him though right? Nothing he has to worry about on his end?

Back