• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Boil off volume isn't adjusted when you change the boil time

cpirius

Apprentice
Reaction score
First off: BeerSmith is a great program! Thanks!

My Problem:
Maybe there is something I'm missing, but it seems like the boil off volume should change when you change the boil time. Instead it seems to be a set volume that determines an un-settable boil off percentage. Shouldn't this be the other way around? If you could set the boil off volume percentage, then it could adjust the volume automatically when you change the time. Instead when I change to a 90 min boil i have to go manually calculate the boil off volume to get the correct volume in the end.

Thanks!

Hi,
  If you go into the details of your equipment profile you have the option of setting it to be a rate or a fixed volume.  Some people wanted either option.

Brad

That sounds like exactly what I want, but I can't figure out how to actually do it...

The evaporation rate box is disabled for editing and I don't see a way to switch from a rate to a fixed volume. Is there a different details page that I should be using?

equip.jpg

cpirius,

What version of BeerSmith are you using?  I have 2.1.02 on Windows, and every equipment profile has this option. 

Thanks for that. In Beersmith if I choose check for updates it says I have the latest version, but sure enough, I don't. I've updated to 2.1 and now see the option.

Thanks! :)

Back