• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Taste Rating in the recipe disgn?

TimmyT

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello All my name is Tim!
I am a new home brewer and have been brewing for about 18 months now and have been using the BeerSmith program for about 12 months now and can not seem to get a Taste Rating any higher than 30 when designing my recipes and have seen several recipes here on the Reicpes page that come close to a 50pnt. Taste Rating!
I would like to know what is it that I am doing wrong or not including in my recipes? If it is the scale of grains or hop varieties that I am using? Most of my recipes are clones of West Coast style IPA's that I use the BeerSmith program to try to adjust the recipes to the right scale for the batch size that I brew!
I have designed and built a mobile brewing bench that in my mind is very capable of brewing really good beer! i consists of a 15gal. Blichmann Hot Liqour Kettle, a 30gal. Mash tun Kettle with Stainless false bottom, and a Blichmann 20gal. Boil Kettle with a Hop Spider with 2 March Pumps and a Convoluted Counter Flow Chiller! My new additions will arrive at the end of November and they are 2 Speidel 7.9gal. Fermenters and cant wait to use them!
All here are welcome to visit my facebook page at Timmytbrewing/facebook and you can veiw my brew system and some of my home brews that I have brewed!
I usually brew 12 gallon batches and end up with 9 to 10 gallons of beer to bottle with!
All replies are welcomed, Thanks in advance and Cheers!
Tim

I have recenetly replaced the Mini Mash tun with a new 30gal. Mash tun Kettle!

I believe that field is user-defined.  30 appears to be the default. 

Back