• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

kkkkkkkkkkk

It works pretty well, but it is the only thing I have tried.  I was going to try isinglass on my next batch, because I have never used a fining agent in the fermenter.  It is pretty cool to watch the irish moss drop out with stuff attched to it when you start cooling the wort.

I use one whirlfloc tablet in the boil and cold crash the batch at 35F for a day or two before bottling. 

This produces a clear beer, but you need to have an extra fridge or make room in your only fridge. 

Low flocculating yeast may still be a little cloudy, but a medium flocculating yeast will produce a very clear beer with this method.

+1 for MEHomebrewer.

Irish moss for 10 min in brew kettle to pasteurize, not longer because it will loose its clarity properities. Cold crash for 2-3 days at end of fermentation then bottle/keg.  Goodluck.

I forgot. Its not cloudy....it's the condensation on the outside of your pint glass!  ;)

Back