• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Calender / timelines

C

CyberianHusky

Maybe it's just me, but I think it could be helpful for planning to have a calendar that shows the estimated timeline for batches that you've brewed and are planning to brew.  You would select the batches to add to the calendar, which would then reflect the brew date and fermentation periods based on what you have in the recipe. This would be very helpful when trying to determine upcoming sessions, equipment and keg use, and "cellar" capacity.  

I have a dry erase calendar that I use for month to month stuff, but it would be nice to look ahead especially when lagering.  I suppose you could use Outlook or other software of choice, but I would rather have it all right there in BeerSmith and not cluttering my regular calendar.

Thanks,
 I added this to my "to do" list.  I'm not sure it will make it for this release, but I will certainly look into it some more.

Cheers!
Brad

Again.. how about if the calendar had the brews of season indicated on it? That would be very nice.

What do you mean exactly by brew season?  I could show holidays perhaps, but I'm not quite sure how to show the brewing season.

Could you clarify?

Thanks,
Brad

Well, for those who would like to "brew in season" it'd be nice to know when to actually start brewing particular recipes in order to have them come out at the right time. For example, we know that Octoberfest is supposed to be ready in time for, well, Octoberfest which is usually the end of September. So, if the calendar had perhaps a highlighted range of begin brewing - finish brewing dates, it'd be helpful to know when to start so you could finsih on time. Then apply that theory to other seasonal (i.e Saison, Winterfest, Pumpkin Ale, etc) 

It could also just be a group of brews that are assigned to color that would be highlighted over a range of dates.

Back