• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New Recipes Wont Save

jtyler

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I have never had a problem with saving any recipes on beersmith 2 until today. I had two new recipes open that I had saved multiple times but they never came up under my recipe list. I restarted beersmith in an attempt to refresh the recipe list but after I did that the recipes did not show up and appear to be gone despite me saving the files multiple times. After digging around in my files to see if the recipe files were saved somewhere else I noticed that I could not find any of my recipe files in my computer files (either in the default documents/beersmith2 location or programfiles/beersmith2) I can only see program data files. I checked my document directory and it should be saving files to my documents/beersmith2 but nothings there.

Any idea where my files are/if my new recipes have been lost for good?

Thanks,
Jeff

By default it does all go into Documents/BeerSmith2 unless you (at some point) manually pointed it to save somewhere else using the "Change Documents Directory" on the File menu.  If you did that, then you need to look there.  The only exception is Linux where they are saved under a hidden .beersmith2 directory under your home directory.

If you can find your Documents/BeerSmith2 directory, make a backup copy of the directory first and then try opening the Recipe1.bsmx, Recipe2.bsmx, etc files which are automatic backups.  Hopefully one has your recipe.

Brad

Back