• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Edit Water Profile

Johncmug

Apprentice
Reaction score
Once you've added a water profile, is it possible to edit that profile?  I found that I entered HCO3 as CaCO3 and can't figure out how to correct that value in the water profile tool.

Thanks in advance!

John

If it can't be edited directly I suspect the workaround would be to create a new profile with the corrected value and rename it version 2, or something like that.

I figured this out finally... first, if your familiar with XML, you can just edit the xml file.

But even easier... I did this in Windows 7, not sure if XP is the same... to edit your water profile, just go to where your beersmith data is stored.  For me, it was under 'My Documents' in a BeerSmith2 folder. Once you are in this folder, scroll down until you see the file called 'Water'. Right mouse click and click 'Edit BeerSmith 2 File'.  Beer Smith comes up and you see all your water profiles.  Just double click the entry you want to update, make your changes and click Okay.  It's that easy.

John

Back