• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

A few user interface /usability suggestions

dslater

Apprentice
Reaction score
This is probably a tall order, but here's what I'd like to see
.http://www.beersmith.com/forum/Smileys/default/smiley.gif

1. The ability to compare 2 recipes side by side
So in the left window I have recipe X and in the right, recipe Y.

2. Once the recipes are displayed, I want to click on any ingredient in either recipe  and drag that ingredient to
the other recipe to add it (in the same quantity.)

3. When displaying a recipe - have the option "Import From" which will let me select another recipe and provide the options to import all  the ingredients, or just ingredients of a particular type (Hops, grains, adjuncts, etc.)

4. When I right click on an ingredient in a recipe, I should have the options to add any ingredient, and  change the amount (weight or percent), substitue and delete that  ingredient entirely. This would eliminate the need for those buttons to the right of the ingredient
list and would make better use of screen real estate.

5. It's been mentioned elsewhere, but when will we see the ability to filter recipes based on inventory?
We had this in 1.X and many of miss it.

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks,
  1.  You can hold down the shift key when opening a recipe and it will open in a new window - so you can do side-by-side comparisons.
  2,3,4.  Thanks for the suggestions...
  5.  It is on my list to add this feature back in soon.

Brad

Brad,

Thanks for the reply.

Any time frame for #5?

Dave

Back