• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Often have two copies of beersmith running

Reaction score
When trying to access recipes from cloud I usually get a message that says I already have a copy of Beersmith running and that I can only run one copy at a time. Think the problem is to access my cloud account from Beersmith I need to enter my name and password which opens a new copy of Beersmith. What am I doing wrong?

Just upgraded to 2.1. Same thing happened. Opened Beersmith, got message a new version was available, "click here to download", did that, Beersmith upgrade would not download. Closed Beersmith to find a small window under the others saying I could not run two copies of Beersmith at the same time.

Apparently "clicking here" to download the upgrade opens a new copy of Beersmith.

Hi,
  You do need to shut down your existing copy of BeerSmith before trying to install another copy.  In general, when downloading the new version, I recommend saving it to your hard drive then closing BeerSmith and running the downloaded file to upgrade it.

Brad

Back