Author Topic: Suggestions for a trip to Louiseville, Kentuchy  (Read 3812 times)

Offline Manolo

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
Suggestions for a trip to Louiseville, Kentuchy
« on: December 14, 2012, 01:54:39 PM »
Hi,

I have to assist to a conference at Louisville in early June 2013.

Do you know of any breweries or interesting brewing shops to visit nearby ? I come from overseas so, by nearby I mean something you can access by public transportation.

Cheers,
Manuel

Offline happy hillbilly

• BeerSmith Master Brewer
  • drunk agin but still purty
Re: Suggestions for a trip to Louiseville, Kentuchy
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 09:02:15 AM »
ole Happy here. jest so happens I come from Louisville. There is a few good micros there. Ya got Bluegrass Brewery that is on Shelbyville road not far from the intersection of brechenridge lane. Then there is New Albanion Brewery across the ohio river in New Albany. Then ya got my favorite Cumberland Brews That is on Bardstown Road in the highlands area. Ya got buses, and cabs that should git ya there to any of these or ole Happy Hillbilly kin pick ya up an show ya around. Where ya from?

Offline Manolo

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 05:23:23 AM »
Thanks very much happy hillbilly! I knew this was the right place to ask this kind question. I dunno why, but there is a research engine for breweries and distilleries at the Kentucky tourist information webpage and they do not show any pubs or breweries at Louiseville.

I'm a Spaniard. I'm from Barcelona, in Catalonia (North East). But I actually live in France.

Offline Segovax

• BeerSmith New Brewer
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 07:50:36 PM »
You might also want to try Sergio's World of Beers http://www.sergiosworldbeers.com/.  Remember to bring cash.

The Holy Grale and the Louisville Beer Store are worth a look
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 04:39:54 PM by Segovax »