• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

QR codes

Reaction score
Trying to get a QR code to put on the bottle top. That way you can scan it and get particulars of the brew, up to 300 words. Problem seems to be printing them. The QR reader will read them on screen but not when printed. Tried using Avery's QR generating software for their labels and then GOQR.me QR software, saving the QR as a PGN and pasting the image onto the label. Can't get it to work.

There are tons of QR generators out there. I know I am not the only person who thought of putting a QR code on their brew. Anyone have any luck doing this>

Sorry for the late reply, I don't come on here too much but I have had a bit of luck with QR codes... I use a phone app called QR droid..... it can create and read them, but it also reads codes I've created online with no problems.

Give that a try?

Thanks. Just a fun thing to do. Was surprised at the lack of replies. Do you print the QR labels and attach them to your beer bottles. What size do you print the QR code? I can get the QR reader to read the code on the computer screen but not when printed.  Tried using a 3/4 inch round label to put on the bottle cap but QR code was too small.

The readers require a certain image size to get the quality of scan needed.  A bottle cap seems small.  My recollection from using them at work is minimum of 0.80 inches?

Thanks. Just thought it would be cool to have a QR code on the beer but it is turning out to be more effort than it is worth.
Just saw a post on another web site where the guy can get the important beer info in text on the 3/4 inch bottle cap sticker so that's what I'll do.

Back