• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Recipes

N

nielsen1968

I have found recipes for BeerSmith on BeerSmith´s homepage. Is it possible to download the recipes an import them to the BeerSmith program and how?
Sorry my spelling
Allan Denmark

I IMPORT from the home page to the SCRATCH PAD.  I then "drag and drop" the recipes to files created based on my personal preferences.

Standby for some more creative and efficient methods.  There are some REAL BeerSmith users out here.  I am still a Newbie! ;D

LB, I think that's the best approach to importing recipes, and ingredients, for that matter. That way, you can preview imported additions before adding them to your recipe folder or ingredient list. There's a lot of good recipes that are posted here on the website, as well as other web locales, but I'm not always interested in brewing every recipe or even just keeping it filed (I'm kind of A-R that way :D). The BeerSmith .BSM file format is cool because it archives a whole bunch of information in one neat file.

On the other hand I keep them all in a folder called BeerSmith Recipes (denoting the source)  I copy them to another folder If I think I'll be doing something with them.

Fred

Back