• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Synchronizing two copies of beersmith on different computers

alcaponejunior

Master Brewer
Reaction score
I have had my mini-laptop for a while, and installed beersmith II on it when I got the program.  Fast forward to recently, when a damaged laptop that I've had in a closet for a year and a half got the screen fixed, and is now useable again.  So I installed beersmith on that computer as well.

I use the internet and beersmith on both computers.  However, I recently tried to put one recipe into beersmith that was done on the other computer.  I thought I had all the parameters set the same, but...  ::)

Essentially I am having trouble getting both copies of beersmith to give me the same results on a side-by-side computer comparison.  There are so many variables!  I have been going over them one by one and trying to figure out what's different from the newer computer to the older one, but so far I can only get things close

A big difference is that the strike water temps are different by a few degrees.  I haven't even check water profiles yet...

I don't know if this is a question or just a comment.  But it's causing me fits!

This is from a troubleshooter perspective, rather than an actual product knowledge standpoint.
1. Are the two devices same os, and using the same version of the software?
2. This seems like an equipment profile setting that could be causing this, something like weight, thermal mass, or material.
Did you try exporting the beer xml for comparison?
AO

Back