• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Total Water Needed for Extract Bug

Skippy

Brewer
Reaction score
Using the Vols tab:

If the recipe is Extract, the "total water needed" displays 8.59 gallons, but I know I  need about 7 gallons of water for this extract batch and the calculated volume is correct at 7.39gal.

If I switch the same recipe to Partial Mash, then the total water needed is closer to being correct at 7.57.  It added 0.57gal for the mash and sparge to the 7 gallons of top up water specified.

If I switch from Partial mash back to Extract, the total water needed stays at 7.57gal.

This is a repeatable error.

Are you sure that your equipment profile is set up correctly?  The water needed is calculated back from the total batch volume, including various losses and gains.  It can be tracked pretty easily by walking through the vols tab in any open recipe. 

Brad

I think I have it setup correctly.  Does anything look odd to you regarding this profile?

m9a6hz.jpg

and this is what the Vols tab says:

5zl9aq.jpg

How did you get the vol page to show up in your post? Tried to copy my vol page image to include in my post but it didn't work.

I have noticed this same issue.  It almost looks like the total water calc is including the "grain absorption" from the mash section

ImperialStout said:
How did you get the vol page to show up in your post? Tried to copy my vol page image to include in my post but it didn't work.

On a PC hit print screen.  Paste into image editor such as MSpaint.  Crop.  Save.  Upload to image host.  Post image url.

Back