• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Can't use calendar widget on Starter tab in Mac OS

kashick

Apprentice
Reaction score
BS 2.1.02 Mac OS 10.8.2

On the Yeast Starter section of a recipe, when attempting to edit a Package Date using the calendar widget, no dates or month forward/back arrows can be selected.  When clicking on the calendar widget I get an error sound from the OS.

I can edit the date manually, and this widget works correctly elsewhere in the program, e.g. on the Design section of the recipe, or in the standalone Yeast Starter tool.

Thanks,
  I'll make a note to correct this in the next update.

Brad

I recently switched to using a Macbook Pro for all of my BeerSmithing (or BeerSmithery?).

In addition to problems with the calendar widget, some sluggish scrolling issues, and a lack of control over the printed brew steps appearance, I have noticed one key problem: the "Yeast Cells with Starter" calculation gives drastically different results from the PC version.  I only noticed this because I actually save my recipes to dropbox and then import them on my PC just so I can print them cleanly on one page.

For now, I am assuming the yeast calculations on the PC version are correct.  Brad, can you confirm that maybe the Mac version's yeast calculator is a little off?

Thanks for any and all help!

-Trace

Back