• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Lost Recipe - Mac

scotthy

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am using a Mac.  I had created a recipe and saved it a few days.  I brewed the recipe after making multiple changes to it and being sure I saved it each time.  After brewing the recipe I closed Beersmith.  When I just opened Beersmith and went back in today the recipe is gone.  I am positive I had saved the recipe.  I have one other recipe in there and it was still there.  Anyone have an idea how I can recover it?  I started using Beersmith last year and actually had a problem where I could not enter Beersmith at all and ended up reinstalling the program subsequently losing a couple of recipes.  I love the program but basic problems are really frustrating.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi,
  Make a backup of your Documents/BeerSmith2 directory.  In that directory you have backup files called Recipe1.bsmx, Recipe2.bsmx, etc... Try opening these using the open command and see if you have a copy of the lost recipe.  If it is in there, use copy/paste to paste it back into your My Recipes folder.

Brad

Back