Author Topic: Blonde Ale. question  (Read 2799 times)

Offline ronmeros

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Blonde Ale. question
« on: January 06, 2013, 09:32:22 AM »
Hi. This is my first time brewing and as much of the case you think something goes wrong.
my first batch I suppose to use 1 gallon to start brewing adding my corn sugar n grains from the beginning n then the extract which is liquid. Everything went great and I finished and the added my yeast n set it in a 70°f room temperature n in less than 12 hours check my airlock and everything was good (bubbling). Yeast were working good as i saw in videos.
 Now I just read another instructions of how to make blonde ale and say I have to start with 2.5 gallons if water. Does anything will go bad with my first batch or it my works good?

[ATTACH]92595[/ATTACH]

Offline tom_hampton

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
    • Tom's Miata Racing Blog
Re: Blonde Ale. question
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 11:51:43 PM »
Different recipes use different amounts of water, Grain and extract. If you followed the recipe reasonablyclose , you will have your very own beer. Enjoy. The first one is always fun!

If you want more specific feedback, post the two different recipes... And we can help more.

Welcome to the addiction. 
R.I.P.:Belgian Blonde
On Tap: Apfelwein, Kolsch(v2), Pumpkin Ale, Belgian Specialty 
Aging/Storing: Coffee Porter, Chocolate Porter, Flanders Red, English Barlywine
Fermenting: Maggie's Altbier
Next Up: PtE(1.1), Belgian Dubbel?

Working thru all BCS recipes

Offline alcaponejunior

• Having a homebrewed IPA
  • BeerSmith Master Brewer
  • Up next: ESB
    • Beer And Stuff
Re: Blonde Ale. question
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 08:21:54 AM »
If you'd like something to compare to, both my blonde ales have come out great (extract and all grain).

all grain
extract