• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Measured pre-boil Batch and Bottling volume questions

herewegoagain

Apprentice
Reaction score
New to BS2, one of my profiles uses 7 gallon pots. Created new profile based on 4.0 gallon batches to leave room for the boil. When scaling a recipe the Measured pre-boil and bottling volumes don't change. I end up with 6.78 gallons of pre-boil (which is actually more than the total water needed in the volume tab) and 5.8 gallons for both batch and bottle "measured". The estimated volumes for same do change. I don't understand the difference between the measured volumes and the estimated volumes. Should I even be concerned with the measured volumes for what I am doing?

Thanks Much!

Hi,
  Are you scaling by equipment or just scaling the batch size up?  The best way to do this is to set up a second equipment profile with your larger batch size and larger losses (or smaller) and then scale by selecting the scale button, then selecting the new equipment profile.  This will assure everything scales properly to match the new equipment profile.

Brad

Back