• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Info to add Simpson's Coffee Malt?

lorax429

Apprentice
Reaction score
I have done a bunch of searches on this and cannot find my answer so please forgive me if this has been asked and answered.  I just can't seem to find it if it has.

I installed the Simpson grain add-on in BeerSmith and it does not have Simpson's Coffee malt in there.  It is a brown malt, but as I understand it, it is a different malt than their standard brown malt.  I am trying to find all the vital stats for the grain to add it properly into BeerSmith and I cannot seem to find answers to most of the fields in the grains' property page. 

Has anyone been able to find this information, and if so would you be willing to share it?  I'd love to be able to get this grain added in with accurate info.

Thanks.

-Matt

You should try the Simpson's web site - most malsters have product sheets with the detailed yield (dry grain fine yield) and also color for the grain.  You can enter it by going to Ingredients->Grain and clicking on Add Grain.

Brad

No idea if this is correct, but I had this in inventory a while ago and used these numbers. 

Attachments

• coffee.bsmx
    1.2 KB · Views: 771
Back